So it has been a while since I have posted in this blog.... I know. For a while I moved the blog over to Steem, then to Medium, and now back to WIX. I am aiming to have a weekly update on the status of Resilient Ecology Systems and Design on this blog - but there is a daily video series that I am doing on youtube! I will but the channel link down at the bottom of the page.
So the good news is that RESD will be acquiring a property in the next week just 30 minutes outside of Flagstaff. This 10 acre property will be used for permaculture research and education while also hopefully being a retreat center for people to get away from the rat race for a few days. The problem (as I see it) with Permaculture in Northern Arizona is that people have no concept of how many of the permaculture methods that they see in tropical or subtropical locations may work in a high, dry, windy climate like Northern Arizona. RESD is going to be able to hopefully open peoples eyes to the possibilities in Northern Arizona (for those already interested and receptive to permaculture) and also win over new converts via the retreat center.
There is so much that I hope to accomplish with this project but here is a short list:
1. demonstrate the viability of Permaculture design in Northern Arizona
2. show the cost of establishing a permaculture system and a breakdown of cost
3. inspire people to leave the rat race and live a more self and local community reliant life
4. renew and develop an interest in the outdoors and natural systems
5. promote and prove environmentally regenerative practices
6. provide a place for relaxation, contemplation, and spiritual growth